Important city of the Murgia area, Gravina can boast an ancient history, which dates back to the Paleolithic, and a very rare beauty, with its buildings set in stone. It is called Gravina “in Puglia”, as there are several cities and places in the world that are called Gravina (one is in Sicily, but even in Alaska we have the Gravina Islands), and takes its name from the crack in the earth’s crust similar to a canyon, called precisely “gravina”. Gravina in Puglia was a city much loved by Frederick II and is often compared for beauty to the more famous Matera, whose style is reminded in part to visitors.
Organization of the tour
You will meet with the guide at the agreed meeting point at the agreed time, and the tour will start. If you (or your group) are the only participants, you can propose the guide a particular point and time. All PlacenPeople organizers who will accompany you on cultural tours are licensed professional tour guides.
Alternatively, if you choose a two-stage day tour (check tours of 2 locations) our organizers are available to offer – often free of charge – a ride by car (in the case of a few people) or to organize transport by bus or minibus (in case of groups).
Costs (and inclusions)
– STANDARD PRICE: the participation fee for this tour is € 30 per person with a minimum of 2 people. The guide’s activity is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, tickets, souvenirs, etc.).
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organizers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half the fee up to 11 years old, with a minimum payment of two adult rates. Ages 12 and over are considered adults.
Possible extra variations:
– PRIVATE TOUR: the standard tour is for groups, so other people can join. If you wish to take a private tour, no one else will have access to your booking at your time.
– WITH TASTINGS: in addition to the cultural tour, it includes a part of typical and local food tastings.
– LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
– URGENCY: for urgent bookings (less than 24 hours before departure), an urgency management service by PnP is required for a maximum value of €20, which will be indicated before booking.
– ÉLITE: all PlacenPeople organizers are selected, from the youngest to the most experienced. However, you can request access to the “élite group”: you will be accompanied by those organizers who are considered the most experienced, who have only received very high reviews, and have a high number of tours already done. The organizers of the élite group demand a slightly higher than average price.
The entrance to the monuments and indoor places (optional), usually requires the possession of a green pass according to current regulations.
Duration and Period
Tours last approximately 2 hours. They always include free time on request, and you can choose the departure time. Available all year round.
Italian and English are standard languages for this tour. Other languages are available on request.
How to book
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0029