An ancient port city on the east coast of Sicily, with a characteristic and picturesque statue of the Elephant Fountain near the Cathedral, richly decorated. The Greco-Roman theater immersed in the town is a hidden but wonderfully appreciated show. The Pescheria, the fish market and the monuments in Sicilian Baroque, built in the eighteenth century after the earthquake of 1693 make Catania one of the typically Baroque Sicilian cities.
Organization of the tour
You will meet with the guide at the agreed meeting point at the agreed time, and the tour will start. If you (or your group) are the only participants, you can propose the guide a particular point and time. All PlacenPeople organizers who will accompany you on cultural tours are licensed professional tour guides.
Alternatively, if you choose a two-stage day tour (2 locations tour) our organizers are available to offer – often free of charge – a ride by car (in the case of a few people) or to organize transport by bus or minibus (in case of groups).
Costs (and inclusions)
– STANDARD PRICE: the participation fee for this tour is € 50 per person with a minimum of 2 people. The guide’s activity is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, tickets, souvenirs, etc.).
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organizers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half the fee up to 11 years old, with a minimum payment of two adult rates. Ages 12 and over are considered adults.
Possible extra variations:
– PRIVATE TOUR: the standard tour is for groups, so other people can join. If you wish to take a private tour, no one else will have access to your booking at your time.
– WITH TASTINGS: in addition to the cultural tour, it includes a part of typical and local food tastings.
– LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
The entrance to the monuments and indoor places (optional), usually requires the possession of a green pass according to current regulations.
Duration and Period
Tours last approximately 2 hours. They always include free time on request, and you can choose the departure time. Available all year round.
Italian and English are standard languages for this tour. Other languages are available on request.
How to book
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.