Visit Alberobello and Polignano in 1 day
Alberobello – Polignano
On this Alberobello – Polignano tour you will visit both the splendid Polignano, with its spectacular view of the sea, and its romantic streets, and – to follow – the famous Alberobello, whose charm strikes and enchants. Polignano is one of the most photographed views in Puglia, with its houses close to the sea, as well as the birthplace of Domenico Modugno, author of one of the most sung Italian pieces in the world, “Volare” (in the blue painted blue). In Alberobello we will get lost in the old city center and we will see the ancient trulli, with their limestone cone-shaped roof, positioned with a secret technique typical of the old trulli masters, with a very specific reason …..
About the tour
PlacenPeople organizers in this tour love to make their car available for free as a courtesy. They come to pick you up (meeting point should be within the range of 1hr by car from the destination, otherwise a little extra will be asked before confirmation) and you will go together to the first location, where you will spend the morning. The lunch is not included, and you can decide together whether you prefer to stop in the first or the second location (the organizers always provide suggestions, but the choice is yours).
After lunch you will reach the second location, and you will spend the afternoon there. The organizer will be there for you (you will be alone or at most with a very small group) and will be able to manage the times according to your needs: if you want you will also have ample free time. At the end of the tour, you will come back to the meeting point by car. In case you need, and it doesn’t change the itinerary too much, you can also ask to the organizer to be left in a different place from where you started in the morning.
*Costs (and inclusions)
– FLEXI TOUR: the participation fee for this type of tour is € 87 per person with a minimum of 3 people. The passage by car is free, so even if you prefer to use your own car, the cost does not change. The activity of the organizer is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, souvenirs, etc.) and entrance tickets to monuments or churches are excluded (which are however optional). Based on 3 dates chosen by you, we will tell you the date on which one the tour will start within 2 days from the first available date.
– OPEN TOUR: as for the flexi tour, the open tour is also a group tour, so other people can join. The difference is that the open tour allows you to choose the date on which to do the tour; the amount of € 20 must be added to the total amount.
– PRIVATE TOUR: the flexi tour is a group tour, so other people can join. In case you want to make a private tour, the amount of € 50 must be added to the total amount, and no other external reservations will be accepted.
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organisers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half-price up to 10 years old. From 11 years old they are considered adults. If a free car liftis required in the presence of small children, an extra charge may be required for the rental of the seat, if necessary.
- 1/2 PERSONS: booking is also accepted for a single guest (€ 150) or two guests (€ 94 per person).
- SINGLE LOCATION: you can also choose to remove one location, so the tour will take place in half day (and you will pay 150 euros in total for 2 people).
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
The cost of any extras will be agreed before you complete the booking. The entrance to the monuments and indoor places is optional. The organizers are certified tour guides or tour leaders with a licence.
Duration and Period
The tour generally lasts around 6 hours and you can also add some free time. Many organizers are flexible and they can make the tour last a bit longer upon request, but our recommendation is that around 2 hours to see Alberobello and 2 for Polignano is perfect. The recommended period during the year goes from march to october, and also Christmas time should be included as an interesting opportunity to see these marvellous places in a particular atmosphere.
These tours generally start with any number of participants. Remember to ask placenpeople (button below) to know if there are availableplaces in the date you choose.
How to book
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0001