matera and murgia
Visit Matera and Murgia in 1 day
On this Matera and Murgia tour you will visit two special places that will take you on a journey back in time to the Frederick Middle Ages – the cities of the Murgia – and then even earlier, to the Stone Age, among the caves and rocks of Matera.
In the Murgia we will be able to see a choice between two locations, which our guide will recommend based on your tastes and preferences: Altamura, with its megalithic walls, or Gravina, set in its rocky landscape.
Then we will go to the “City of Stones”, Matera, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, European Capital of Culture in 2019; Matera is a singular experience that attracts travelers from all over the world, with its rock settlements ranging from the Paleolithic to the present day, in a continuum of houses carved into the stone, and represents a page of history on the construction of human dwellings.
Organization of the tour
The organizers of this tour like to provide their car for free as a courtesy. They will reach you where you are (the meeting point should be within 1 hour by car from the destination, otherwise a little extra will be asked before confirmation) and you will go together to the first location, where you will spend the morning. Lunch is not included and you can decide together if you prefer to stay in the first or second location (the organizers always give suggestions, but the choice is yours).
After lunch you will reach the second location, where you will spend the afternoon. The organizer will be there for you and will be able to manage the times according to your needs: if you want you will also have ample free time. At the end of the tour, you will return to the meeting point by car. In case you need it, and the itinerary doesn’t change too much, you can also ask the organizer to be dropped off in a different place from where you left in the morning.
*Costs (and inclusions)
– FLEXI TOUR: the participation fee for this type of tour is € 87 per person with a minimum of 3 people. The passage by car is free, so even if you prefer to use your own car, the cost does not change. The activity of the organizer is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, souvenirs, etc.) and entrance tickets to monuments or churches are excluded (which are however optional). Based on 3 dates chosen by you, we will tell you the date on which one the tour will start within 2 days from the first available date.
– OPEN TOUR: as for the flexi tour, the open tour is also a group tour, so other people can join. The difference is that the open tour allows you to choose the date on which to do the tour; the amount of € 20 must be added to the total amount.
– PRIVATE TOUR: the flexi tour is a group tour, so other people can join. In case you want to make a private tour, the amount of € 50 must be added to the total amount, and no other external reservations will be accepted.
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organisers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half-price up to 10 years old. From 11 years old they are considered adults. If a free car liftis required in the presence of small children, an extra charge may be required for the rental of the seat, if necessary.
- 1/2 PERSONS: booking is also accepted for a single guest (€ 150) or two guests (€ 94 per person).
- SINGLE LOCATION: you can also choose to remove one location, so the tour will take place in half day (and you will pay 150 euros in total for 2 people).
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
The cost of any extras will be agreed before you complete the booking. The entrance to the monuments and indoor places is optional. The organizers are certified tour guides or tour leaders with a licence.
Duration and Period
Tours last approximately 6-7 hours. They always include free time on request, and you can choose the departure time. Available all year round.
Italian and English are standard languages for this tour. Other languages are available on request.
How to book
💬- chat with PlacenPeople on Whatsapp or write to email@example.com
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0017-20