Fascinating metropolis of the Mediterranean, Bari will enchant you with the beautiful panorama of its monumental promenade, the historic center with a Middle Eastern flavour, the elegant shopping avenues, the imposing nineteenth-century and Romanesque facades and its culinary traditions. Immerse yourself in this bustling port city and explore its medieval history of religious intrigue and Bourbon kings in every hidden alley. Full of theaters, museums, cinemas, bookshops and cafes, the capital of Puglia is a city waiting to be discovered. The visit of Bari will become a surprising experience with our skilled local guides, and walking through the stone alleys of the ancient village will be like being catapulted into a world suspended in time, between history, traditions and poetry. Bari is also an excellent starting point for organizing excursions in the surrounding area and to enjoy a slow nightlife, between unique views and local street food that satisfies the palates of the whole world.
About the tour
The visit of Bari by foot to discover the hidden gems of the city is recommended for those who love calm and prefer to appreciate all the details invisible to a quick eye. All PlacenPeople organizers who will accompany you on cultural tours are licensed professional tour guides.
You will meet with the guide at the agreed point and time, and the tour will start. If you (or your group) are the only participants, you can propose the guide a particular point and time.
Costs (and inclusions)
- STANDARD PRICE: the participation fee for this tour is € 30 per person with a minimum of 2 people. The activity of the guide is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, entrances, souvenirs, etc.).
- PRIVATE TOUR: The standard tour is a group tour, so other people can join. In case you want to make it a private tour, the amount of € 30 must be added to the total amount, and no other reservations will be accepted.
- WITH TASTINGS: it includes the addition of gastronomic tastings to the cultural tour. The price in this case is € 45 per person in total.
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES: The standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available with a small extra (which will be communicated before booking).
- CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organisers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half-price up to 10 years old, with a minimum payment of two adult fees. From 11 years old they are considered adults.
Duration and Period
The tours last about 2 hours, and almost all the organizers leave freedom of choice on the departure time. Available all year round.
Tours generally start with groups of 2 to 25 participants, but many organizers are flexible and also start with one person, or with groups larger than 25. On tours where you visit only one city, you meet directly on site: the organizer will indicate the meeting point immediately after booking, often agreeing this point with the guest.
Alternatively, if you choose a two-stage day tour our organizers are available to offer – often free of charge – a ride by car (in the case of a few people) or to organize transport by bus or minibus (in case of groups).
How to book
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.