Are you a nature lover? We invite you to the area of Puglia richest in biodiversity, with a quiet and fairytale atmosphere, where you can rediscover the pristine environment of the National Park. The so-called “spur of Puglia” is a promontory covered with forests of pine, almond and olive trees, which alternates Mediterranean scrub and sandy coasts, rocky faults and cliffs overlooking a crystalline blue sea. The Park also houses the Umbra Forest, the green heart of the Gargano, and includes the wonderful Tremiti Islands, which can also be visited by boat. The white villages of Peschici and Mattinata, Vieste, Monte Sant’Angelo and San Giovanni Rotondo, famous for the historical events of Padre Pio’s rural preaching, fit into this scenario.
About the tour
The visit of Gargano’s hidden gems by foot is recommended for those who love nature and calm and prefer to appreciate all the details invisible to a quick eye. All PlacenPeople organizers who will accompany you on cultural tours are licensed professional tour guides.
Possible ways to visit the area with PlacenPeople are:
- trekking tour in the Gargano Natural Park
- main cities tour (1 or 2 locations)
- photo tour (by minibus)
- bike tour
- boat tour (coastal caves or Tremiti Islands)
- Quad tour
- horseback tour
For all these possibilities, you can inquire about availability and prices by contacting our PleacenPeople team directly via the Whatsapp button at the bottom of the page.
Costs (and inclusions)
– FLEXI TOUR: the participation fee for this type of tour is € 87 per person with a minimum of 3 people. The passage by car is free, so even if you prefer to use your own car, the cost does not change. The activity of the organizer is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, souvenirs, etc.) and entrance tickets to monuments or churches are excluded (which are however optional). Based on 3 dates chosen by you, we will tell you the date on which one the tour will start within 2 days from the first available date.
– OPEN TOUR: as for the flexi tour, the open tour is also a group tour, so other people can join. The difference is that the open tour allows you to choose the date on which to do the tour; the amount of € 20 must be added to the total amount.
– PRIVATE TOUR: the flexi tour is a group tour, so other people can join. In case you want to make a private tour, the amount of € 50 must be added to the total amount, and no other external reservations will be accepted.
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organisers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half-price up to 10 years old. From 11 years old they are considered adults. If a free car liftis required in the presence of small children, an extra charge may be required for the rental of the seat, if necessary.
- 1/2 PERSONS: booking is also accepted for a single guest (€ 150) or two guests (€ 94 per person).
- SINGLE LOCATION: you can also choose to remove one location, so the tour will take place in half day (and you will pay 150 euros in total for 2 people).
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
The cost of any extras will be agreed before you complete the booking. The entrance to the monuments and indoor places is optional. The organizers are certified tour guides or tour leaders with a licence.
Duration and Period
The tours can last from a few hours visit to the whole day. Available all year round. The recommended period is from spring to autumn (March-October).
These tours generally start with a minimum of 2 participants. Remember to ask placenpeople (button below) to know if there are availableplaces in the date you choose.
How to book
💬- chat with PlacenPeople on Whatsapp or write to email@example.com
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0013