Important city of the Murgia area, Gravina can boast an ancient history, which dates back to the Paleolithic, and a very rare beauty, with its buildings set in stone. It is called Gravina “in Puglia”, as there are several cities and places in the world that are called Gravina (one is in Sicily, but even in Alaska we have the Gravina Islands), and takes its name from the crack in the earth’s crust similar to a canyon, called precisely “gravina”. Gravina in Puglia was a city much loved by Frederick II and is often compared for beauty to the more famous Matera, whose style is reminded in part to visitors.
Organization of the tour
You will meet with the guide at the agreed meeting point at the agreed time, and the tour will start. If you (or your group) are the only participants, you can propose the guide a particular point and time. All PlacenPeople organizers who will accompany you on cultural tours are licensed professional tour guides.
Alternatively, if you choose a two-stage day tour (check tours of 2 locations) our organizers are available to offer – often free of charge – a ride by car (in the case of a few people) or to organize transport by bus or minibus (in case of groups).
Costs (and inclusions)
- STANDARD PRICE: the participation fee for this tour is € 30 per person with a minimum of 2 people. The activity of the guide is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, entrances, souvenirs, etc.).
- PRIVATE TOUR: The standard tour is a group tour, so other people can join. In case you want to make it a private tour, the amount of € 30 must be added to the total amount, and no other reservations will be accepted.
- WITH TASTINGS: it includes the addition of gastronomic tastings to the cultural tour. The price in this case is € 45 per person in total.
- AVAILABLE LANGUAGES: The standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available with a small extra (which will be communicated before booking).
- CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organisers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half-price up to 10 years old, with a minimum payment of two adult fees. From 11 years old they are considered adults.
Duration and Period
Tours last approximately 2 hours. They always include free time on request, and you can choose the departure time. Available all year round.
Italian and English are standard languages for this tour. Other languages are available on request.
How to book
💬- chat with PlacenPeople on Whatsapp or write to email@example.com
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0029