Visit Lecce and Otranto in 1 day
On this tour you will discover the beautiful Lecce, where the baroque of its churches and the elegance of its buildings will kidnap your heart! Through a pleasant walk in the alleys of the historic center, you will admire all the most beautiful points of the city (Piazza Duomo, Piazza Sant’Oronzo, the Roman amphitheater, etc.) and you will also be able to stop to enjoy a pasticciotto or an excellent Lecce coffee.
Afterwards with your guide you will move to Otranto, a pearl on the Adriatic Sea, for a dip in the art and history of its architectural beauties. Our organizers are looking forward to introducing you to these wonders!
Organization of the tour
PlacenPeople Organizers in this tour love to make their car available for free as a courtesy. They come to pick you up (meeting point should be within the range of 1hr by car from the destination, otherwise a little extra will be asked before confirmation) and you will go together to the first location, where you will spend the morning. The lunch is not included, and you can decide together whether you prefer to stop in the first or the second location (the organizers always provide suggestions, but the choice is yours). After lunch you will reach the second location, and you will spend the afternoon there. The organizer will be there for you (you will be alone or at most with a very small group) and will be able to manage the times according to your needs: if you want you will also have ample free time. At the end of the tour, you will come back to the meeting point by car. In case you need, and it doesn’t change the itinerary too much, you can also ask to the organizer to be left in a different place from where you started in the morning.
*Costs (and inclusions)
– STANDARD PRICE: the participation fee for this type of tour is € 87 per person with a minimum of 3 people. The lift by car is free, so even if you prefer to use your own car, the cost does not change. The activity of the organizer is included in the cost, while anything else is excluded (snacks, lunch, souvenirs, etc.) and entrance tickets to monuments or churches are excluded (which are however optional).
– CHILDREN: PlacenPeople organizers apply a total discount for children up to 3 years old, while the payment is half of the fee up to 11 years old. Ages 12 and over are considered adults. If a free car passage is given in the presence of small children, an extra may be required for the cost of renting the baby-seat, where necessary.
– 1 or 2 PEOPLE: reservations are also accepted for a single guest (€ 148), or two guests (€ 94 each).
– SINGLE LOCATION: you can also choose to remove a location, so the tour will only take place in half a day (and you will pay 148 euros in total for 2 people).
– PRIVATE TOUR: the standard tour is for groups, so other people can join. In case you wish to take a private tour, the amount of € 40 must be added to the total, and no other bookings will be accepted.
– LANGUAGES: the standard tour is available in English and Italian; other languages are available upon request.
The entrance to the monuments and indoor places (optional), usually requires the possession of a green pass according to current regulations. The organizers are certified tour guides or tour leaders who have a regular license.
Duration and Period
The tour generally lasts around 6 hours and you can also add some free time. Many organizers are flexible and they can make the tour last a bit longer upon request, but our recommendation is that around 3 hours to see Lecce and 2 for Otranto is perfect. The recommended period during the year goes from march to october, and also Christmas time should be included as an interesting opportunity to see these marvellous places in a particular atmosphere.
These tours generally start with any number of participants. Remember to ask placenpeople (button below) to make sure there are available places in the date you choose.
How to book
📩- PlacenPeople will send your request to the Organizer and reply with his confirmation
💳- You will pay a deposit with PayPal or card. Activities in PlacenPeople are sold directly by the Organizers.
👍- You and the Organizer will talk by phone and meet on the day of the activity. You will complete the payment directly to him/her.
Acivity code: TOUR0004